Approximately 9,400 remote-controlled helicopters were recalled because the rechargeable batter might overheat, causing the helicopter to ignite in flames. This also poses a serious burn hazard for consumers. Anyone who owns the Banshee 3 Channel helicopter needs to return it immediately in order to get a full refund. The products have specific serial numbers with various colors including black and yellow or black and red. They have gotten one report of an overheating helicopter which led to property damage. They were made in China and sold at several different stores including Ace Hardware for about $40, according to news reports.
830 strollers were recently recalled by iCandy World due to an unsafe opening between the seat bottom and bumper bar, which could cause an infant to become stuck. This poses a serious strangulation hazard for young children, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. The product was designated as a “Don’t Buy” Decemember. They were sold from 2009-2012 for about $400 each. Customers who purchased this stroller are urged to remove the bumper bar immediately and get in touch with iCandy for a free replacement, according to news reports.
An investigation revealed that thousands of vehicles currently for sale in Central Florida have open safety recalls. Federal law prohibits the sale of new automobiles with open recalls, but there are currently no regulations concerning used vehicles. At one dealership in Orlando, the news organization found eight cars that had recalls without completed repairs when a CarFax report was run. When they asked the seller, they said the car was in good shape and ready to go. Florida has the third highest number of cars for sale over the internet with open recalls, according to news reports.
Approximately 5,000 Cha Cha girl’s boots are undergoing a recall because the zipper pull poses a fall hazard. Customers are urged to return the product for a full refund. The shoes were sold in girls’ size 13 through 5. There have been three reports of the pulls getting entangled in each other, resulting in one injury when a child attempted to untangle them and lost her balance. Customers are urged to remove the boots from children and return them for a full refund as soon as possible. The boots sold for about $65 in retailers online and they were made in China, according to news reports.
A paperwork mistake caused Byron Center Meats to conduct their first recall in 65 years. The company, based in Michigan, issued a Class 1 High Health risk recall including 6,586 pounds of ham along with the US Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service. There is a risk of Listeria contamination because food safety documents were missing. Their ready-to-eat ham are getting returned to their store over the weekend and Monday, according to news reports. The company is taking responsibility for their mistakes and making sure all products are destroyed.
5,400 Ariens 920014 Snow-Throw snow blowers were recalled by Briggs & Stratton because they pose a fire hazard. The problem is caused by a carburetor-bowl nut that may cause fuel to leak. The snow blower was sold between August and September of 2012 for approximately $800-1000. The device is 24 inches wide, with a specific model number along with warranty code. Customers are urged to discontinue using the device immediately and contact the company for a free repair, according to news reports.
Wheat breads made by a bakery in Clackamas, Oregon are recalled products distributed to Fred Meyer stores throughout the northwest United States. The bread may contain pieces of plastic. Customers are urged to return the product for a full refund. Five types of breads are included in the recall, such as Tender Twist Wheat Bread and Kroger Value Wheat Bread. They were distributed on certain days in February. The company is reaching out to loyalty card holders regarding the unsafe product, according to news reports.
Approximately 19,100 disco lamps were recalled by Style My Room. They were available in two different styles, black disco light and star disco light. They are about 7 inches tall and 4-inches in diameter, with multi-colored lights. There has been one report received by a customer of the light overheating and another report involving a customer who experienced electric shock. Customers are urged to unplug the lamp immediately and return it to receive a full refund. The lamps were made in China and sold at stores across the country and online, according to news reports.
Small amounts of dried parsley flakes were found in parakeet food made by United Pet Group. A voluntary recall was recently put into effect because the parsley was discovered to be contaminated with Salmonella. Specific lot numbers are included in the recall, and no other United Pet Group product is affected by this recall. Those who purchased the products are urged to return them as soon as possible. Salmonella in pet foods may put humans at risk. No illnesses have been reported as of yet, according to news reports.
Approximately 140 Easy Go XP Lock Via Ferrata Lanyards were recently recalled. They are used for shock absorption while mountain climbing. They have two elastic webbing branches with self-locking carabiners. There have not been any injuries connected to this recalled product as of yet, but consumers are warned to stop using them immediately and get in touch with Liberty Mountain for a refund. The products were made in the Czech Republic and sold online and in specialty stores from April 2011 to August 2012, according to news reports.