If you believe your car accident was caused by the carelessness or intentional act of another, and you live in Maryland, Washington DC or Virginia, you may want to contact a Maryland car accident attorney to discuss this for FREE. You should call as soon as it is convenient to do so and avoid discussing the matter with strangers and/or insurance representatives who are not from your own insurance company. You should be cooperative with the police, your own treating physicians, and your own insurance company.
Car Accident cases are covered by a statute of limitations, which means that you only have a certain period of time in which you can file an auto accident injury lawsuit. If you have a car accident case that you would like us to review please call Greenberg & Bederman in MD at (301) 589-2200 or in DC or VA toll free (800) 800-1144 or submit an online car accident questionnaire.
- Faulty Seatbelts can cause major body damage
- Are auto accidents on the rise?
- Auto Accident Checklist
- Drunk Driving Auto Accident
- Large Truck (Tractor Trailer) Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Passenger Injury From an Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Seatbelt Injury From Auto Accident
- Whiplash injury From Auto Accident
- Wrongful Death Accident
- DC Metro Train Accident
What should you do if you are involved in a car accident?
Here are a few car accident pointers:
- Do not discuss your auto accident with anyone but your lawyer or doctor
- Do not sign anything to do with your accident without first speaking to your lawyer
- Do not release your medical files to anyone without speaking to your lawyer first
- Save evidence that will help your car accident case
- Start a personal appointment book
- keep your lawyer informed of your medical appointments
- If you are off work, please get a disability slip from your doctor
- Keep all your medical bills and get receipts for all medical treatment
- Document Lost Wages
- Report any prior injuries or pain
- keep your medical cast or brace
For more information on what to do if you are involved in a car accident, read our Greenberg & Bederman Auto Accident Check List
Read our Greenberg & Bederman Car Accident Brochure
Negligence A Primary Car Accident Cause
Negligence is one of the primary causes of car accidents. A basic negligence claim consists of proof of
- A duty owed,
- A breach of that duty,
- An injury, and
- That the breach caused the plaintiff’s injury
Call a Maryland auto accident attorney at Greenberg & Bederman in Maryland (MD) at (301) 589-2200 or in the Washington, DC or Northern Virginia (VA) area call toll free (800) 800-1144, or if in the Baltimore, MD area call 301-589-2200 or submit an online auto accident questionnaire.
The initial accident consultation is free of charge, and if we agree to handle your auto accident case, we will work on a contingency fee basis, which means we get paid for our legal services only if there is a monetary recovery of funds. A lawsuit must be filed before an applicable expiration date, known as a statute of limitations, so please call right away to ensure that you do not waive your right to possible compensation.
To learn more about Maryland Car Accident law, please read our Greenberg & Bederman Car Accident Blog, just select the personal injury or car accident tab or view our car accident video testimonials at YouTube.